FATTY LIVER AFTER 8 MONTHS SOBER?
Hello, I quit drinking back in Feb.  I had a relapse July 4th and have been sober since.  I have a constant dull ache on my right side under my rib.  It feels like something is boring into me.  All my labs have been normal the past year but I just had a Ultrasound that showed a mild diffuse fatty liver.  Can a Ultrasound distinguish between fatty liver and fibrosis/cirrohsis?   How long does fatty liver last?  Can it cause symptoms?  I thought it would have gone away since I have not been drinking.  I also have mottled palms at times and just feel malaised at times.  Any input would be appreciated.  
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Fatty liver can be due to alcoholism when it is called Alcoholic fatty liver disease and the other one is Non alcoholic fatty liver disease, which is due to obesity, diabetes and high triglyceride levels. This can progress to cirrhosis of the liver and can be associated with hepatocellular carcinoma. Cirrhosis will show characteristic changes on the ultrasonography and liver function tests will further help in the evaluation. So, prevention or cure is by avoiding alcohol and treating diabetes, obesity and high triglyceride levels.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Hi, I was wondering if you found anything more out?