Liver Disorders Community
Fatty Liver and Chronic Diarrhea

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Fatty Liver and Chronic Diarrhea

I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy with an abdominal ultrasound.  Not much to my surprise the first two came out normal.  My gastroenterologist had said my liver was very enlarged upon examination and wanted the ultrasound.  So when they done it, it came back with a diagnoses of a fatty liver.  He said it was extremely large, swollen and fatty.  He said I had to lose weight or I was going to lose my liver. I only weight 195 pounds.  It doesn't explain my chronic green water stools I am having all the time as soon as I eat a lot of times I have to run to the bathroom.  I am seriously considering looking for another doctor.  I don't know what to do.  Has anyone else had these similar symptoms of greenish watery stools along with a diagnoses of an enlarged fatty liver?
These are two different conditions.

Fatty liver disease can cause liver damage and is usually do to people being overweight. You need modify your diet and lose weight or in time you may need a liver transplant to continue living this is not something you ever want to happen.

Lose weight. If you're overweight or obese, reduce the number of calories you eat each day and increase your physical activity in order to lose weight. Aim to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week. If you've tried to lose weight in the past and have been unsuccessful, ask your doctor for help.

Protect your liver. Avoid things that will put extra stress on your liver. For instance, don't drink alcohol. Follow the instructions on all medications and over-the-counter drugs.

"as soon as I eat a lot of times I have to run to the bathroom"

Stools are green when food is moving through the large intestine too quickly, such as due to diarrhea. As a result, bile doesn't have time to break down completely. You have to find our why you have diarrhea and your food is passing undigested properly through your large intestine.

Stool color is generally influenced by what you eat as well as by the amount of bile — a yellow-green fluid that digests fats — in your stool. As bile pigments travel through your gastrointestinal tract, they are chemically altered by enzymes — changing the pigments from green to brown.

A gastroenterologist is the proper specialist for both of these medical issues.

Good luck.
Hector