Liver Disorders Community
Fatty Liver and uncertainties.

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Fatty Liver and uncertainties.

For about two years I have struggled with a strong case of health anxiety. I got a degree in rehabilitation and sometimes the classes we take tend to inform you about all the bad diseases that can plague your body. I tend to worry about this a lot. Last July while in NYC after eating a greasy meal I got a bad pain on the right upper quadrant of my stomach. My PCP thought it was gallstones so he had an ultrasound of my abdomen ordered.

In turn the technician who completely violated his duties went on to tell me the results and that in fact I did NOT have gallstones but a swollen liver and that I should go to the doctor immediately. Mind you this was on a Saturday. I was frantic, afraid and uneasy. When I got to my doctor on Monday he told me it was just fatty liver. The actual Recommendations from the ultrasound said, "Fatty liver with prominent portal triad markings...hepatitis possible, clinical correlation recommended" Of course with the knowledge I had my health anxiety began to sky rocket. My doctor said just to diet and all would be ok.

The hepatitis aspect of it frightens me horribly. I do have 3 small tattoos that I got in my college years. The last about 4 years ago. I began thinking maybe it was hepatitis. Since August and even before then my doctor has ran tons of blood tests. CBC, platelets, hepatic panel, etc. The rational mind would say they would have caught hepatitis by now but the anxious side of me says that maybe they missed something. Is this possible? Is it possible that they could have done sooooo many blood tests and missed hepatitis? If it was Hep C would I be showing symptoms already? (jaundice, etc) I am so worried. I am only 24 and don't have time to be worried about health issues. Just finished school and at the top of my career. I would appreciate some sincere help. Maybe somebody can interpret those ultrasound results better for me.

Thanks again,
Lynn
To those who read my post. Please be advised I have been on birth control pills (BCP) for about 10 years now. I begin researching the correlations between BCP and fatty liver and have found several studies that say estrogen can cause this. Could this be the cause of this? I am always worried that I am going into liver failure. My aunt did die of cirrhosis of the liver but she was an alcoholic for 40 plus and never took it easy.
You seem to be excellent at helping other people on this forum. Can I get some help? Above two posts are mine.
fatty liver does mean your liver is inflamed and damage and some of the cells have been replaced by fat- this disease can progress to cirrhosis.  

it may help to remove some fat from your diet and exercise and control blood sugar- I have NAFLD also and its related to diabetes and I may be diabetic