Liver Disorders Community
Fatty Liver

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Fatty Liver

What is Fatty Liver and what causes it?
Imagine the fat around your stomach and then picture that fat on your liver.  

Fatty liver is just what it sounds like... fat deposits on your liver.  It is caused by a diet high in fat.

You don't have to be overweight to have a fatty liver, but over 50% of the time you are.

Fatty liver is a serious liver condition which will decrease your life expectancy.
My understanding is that there are several fatty liver diseases.

Last October I developed "fatty liver of pregnancy" in my 7th month pf pregnancy, which had symptoms like a terrible flu, and quickly put my life in danger. My blood pressure skyrocketed, I had intense pain, I turned yellow, and my urine was nearly coffee colored. The way the cause was explained to me was as a problem breaking down fatty amino acids, in my son's liver as well as my own.

In my follow up research and visits to doctors I have seen that there are fatty liver diseases that are related to alcohol, weight problems, diabetes and pregnancy. They have similarities but are distinct.
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on VICourageous's status
48 mins ago
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on 10356's status
1 hr ago
Dee1956 commented on Belle313's status
Track your weight over time