Liver Disorders Community
Fatty Liver

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Fatty Liver

Hello:

It's been about 2 years that I have elevated liver enzymes. Just recently I did an ultrasound and was diagnosed with fatty liver. This past week or two I have been feeling nauseau and have some pain in the lowr right under my rib cage. My doctor said not to worry about it but I was wondering why I am still having these symptoms if just fatty liver does not cause the symptoms that I have.

Thank you
well, I can sure testify to what hepatic discomfort feels like. Its never excruciating (in my case) but DAMN! is it annoying - and, IMHO, anything that competes for a ltd amount of real estate causes compression on nerves as things can displace adequately after a certain point...so yes, I would think it plausible youd feel something with steatosis.  Of course some people - even some gravely ill people never feel the bloat and pain, and others with mild inflammation do....go figure.  I have a degree of steatosis (amongst other things) and although im 180 lbs (and 5-11) my hepatologist wants me down at 168 in an attempt to minimize the effect

Although there are no known cures for NASH, many argue that being of small body mass is the best way to go - if you are overweight, loose the lbs now...

J
hello. go see another doctor i was told the same thing don,t worry bout it, 7 years later, i have stage 4 liver cirriosis ,and a enlarged spleen cause my liver is not functioning. control your weight,but see other doctors until one tells you he will take care of you godbless you and keep you,jr1963
CML2014 uploaded new photos
Dee1956 commented on Belle313's status
Dee1956 commented on MH Community Mgr's status
Track your weight over time