Liver Disorders Community
Fibrosis of liver with unknown cause?
About This Community:

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fibrosis of liver with unknown cause?

I went to an ER at Trinity Hospital in Minot, ND twice within about a month for Acute Pancreatitis. They never found the cause. I don't drink at all, gall bladder was fine, not overweight, I'm 40yrs. old white male.
   The Dr. kept asking about my alcohol drinking habits and I kept telling them I don't drink AT ALL. I ask why they kept asking this. They told me my liver had severe fibrosis. I ask what this was and they told me scar tissue on my liver. I said ok, so what about it. They said the reason we keep asking you this is because your liver shows more fibrosis than a person who has been a severe alcoholic for many, many years! If you don't drink, we wonder what has caused this!
   I was as shocked as they were about it. I told them I had been diagnosed with an auto-immune disease that has yet been diagnosed specifically. The first Dr. at the local Health Department said they were absolutely sure I had SLE Lupus... later I found out this was not the case. Could the two be related?
   If anyone has any idea of what might have caused this liver damage, please reply. Or if you know of a similar case! Thank you for your time!
Tags: Liver, liver fibrosis, Weird Liver Disease, Liver Diseases, fibrosis of liver, unknown liver problems, lupus, scar, fibrosis
Yes, an auto-immune disease can be associated with liver problems. But first, how were the doctors able to assess your liver fibrous issue? Blood work (and a guess) or imaging (still a little guess) or direct measurement (via liver stiffness or biopsy)? We need a bit more info to see if we can be of any help.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Liver Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank