HYPODENSE LESION IN THE RIGHT LOBE OF THE LIVER
Hello, I just found out 2 months ago that I had Clear Cell Renal Cancer, that was removed with a clear magin.  I aked the Urologist if anything was found on the CT Scan.  After looking at the scan and saying wait while he was viewing the liver, then he went to the scan results and would not answer any futher questions, except that we will check in 6 months, when a follow up is done for the Clear Cell Renal cancer.  I got a report of the CT Scan it stated that there was a 5X10cm hypodense lesion within the periphery of the right hepatic lobe.  It may repesent "focal duct dilation".

Can you please tell me what this means?  I have worried myself sick, especially just finding out about the Clear Cell.

Thank you,
Robanne82
Hi there!

A hypodense lesion probably representing ductal dilation should not represent a secondary from the cancer, though this may be caused due to bile duct obstruction due to varied causes. This may require further evaluation with a gastroenterologist. I would suggest discussing the possibility with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!