Help
I also posted this in the Gastro group.  Need some help as i was here before in March with similar problems and somewhat similar results.  I have an alcohol problem.  Put simply I have been feeling ill since late Oct/early Nov.  Began while I was drinking beer (excessively I would add) watching baseball playoffs.  I had two big nights.  One where I drank 7-8 beers -- had been feeling slightly ill leading up to this. Just kind of sick to your stomach feeling.  Could not tell if it was stress or my body telling me the obvious -- what are you doing again drinking, especially when you can't control it.  I had quit drinking back in March until August (you can see my earlier thread).  I had my first child in June, had relatives in town.  Stress I guess got to me and I began sneaking in drinks at home (when I could get there).  Once my fiancé's parents left, I was back into my problem in Sept/October.  Late October/beginning of November, I suddenly had pain on my mid, right side.  Under the rib cage and the side.  Things kind of took off from there with a very bad stomach/abdomen (no specific -- pain laterally across/right below the rib cage, but some nasty, sharp burning sensations), down the right side + in the center, both above and below the belly button, lower back pain, sporadic, but intense headaches (primarily right side around to the front), constipation, gas, a very bad taste in my mouth in the mornings when you wake up, ongoing congestion, extremely itchy legs, etc.  Had blood tested, (was placed on Omeprazole), had an endoscopy done (went on dicyclomine for the stomach spasms), CT-enterography done, etc.  Post CT enterography with IV and Oral (barium sulfate), the results were: a slight haital hernia, a touch of GERD and IBS, a slight/small liver hemangioma, etc. I asked by my GP and my GI doctor's thoughts: they said "stress/anxiety" manifesting itself in these symptoms.  Today, now we are in Dec and I still have a bad stomach (can get very bad), very itchy and sometimes sharp pains/tightness in my legs (and sometimes hands as well), congestion/bad taste in the mouth (particularly in the morning), etc.  Here's the question? a.) Do I ask for more tests? Ask for a second opinion?  I asked about my liver and pancreas, and comment back was as of now 'You are fine" as any bad stuff would have showed up in the CT scan (yet I understand that a CT scan does not catch everything).  b.) Outside of bland food and exercise, how should I manage these symptoms?  Am also seeing a psych who also believes it's anxiety.  During this, mid way, began getting involved with AA again and this time got a sponsor who I speak with every few days (something that I never pulled the trigger on).  I do have an appetite, but it's more like eating when you can vs. when you want.  Any feedback would be great -- outside of the obvious -- i.e. your an idiot for falling off your horse AND not committing to stick with AA.  
I am sorry you are having health issues but this community is for person with cirrhosis of the liver. You have not been diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver as far as I can tell and you have no symptoms of cirrhosis of the liver.

Please post you questions in the appropreiate were you may find the help you are looking for.

Good luck.
Hector
It appears that the Medhelp regulators moved this question from the cirrhosis forum to the liver disorders forum, an appropriate move but I always wish they would add a comment to clarify what they've done, as I was really scratching my head for a while over Hector's comment. That confusion probably contributed to the lack of other responses to your post. I'm sorry no one has tried to answer your questions yet.

I can't really comment without mentioning the role of alcohol in your problem, but I am not in any way an expert in helping people with alcoholism issues - if I were any good at that I would've helped my brother by now but he's still busy killing himself. I do recommend the forums here at Medhelp that are specific to alcohol, I've heard they are very good, especially for help dealing with the addiction.

I can't say whether you have any serious damage to your liver, pancreas, or other parts of your GI system at this point, although it is very encouraging that your doctor sees no problems on your CT scan. Did you also have complete blood tests including a liver panel, a complete CBC and a metabolic panel? If so, it would be interesting to know whether any of those returned out-of-range values.

Without knowing any of those test results I would still be willing to advise you that independent of any liver damage, alcohol consumption is intensely inflammatory in the presence of GERD and can be pretty inflammatory with IBS as well. Even if we completely ignore any alcohol addiction issues, if you want to avoid pain and discomfort from GERD and IBS you are going to have to avoid any excessive alcohol consumption. Just to avoid flaring up the GERD and IBS though, you should be very careful to keep alcohol consumption down to very tiny amounts, and only on a full stomach.

Other things that will probably help you include drinking LOTS of pure water, eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, preferably not acidic ones, eating whole foods rather than processed ones, getting some regular moderate exercise (plain walking is excellent), and taking up some form of stress-reduction activities, such as meditation, yoga or tai-chi.

I know this is all pretty boring advice, but when it comes to health issues, boring is usually the best way to go. Good luck!
I agree.