Liver Disorders Community
High ALT & GGT Levels

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

High ALT & GGT Levels

Hi There

I had been cosuming very large ammounts of alcohol over the last 12 months due to personal problems, This has resulted in a liver function test and a scan . The scan indicated some swelling as it was pinkish. The ALT levels where 253 and the GGT level where 450. I have abstained from Alcohol for the last 3 weeks. Can you give me any idea how long it takes for these leves to drop to normal range with a healthy diet, excercise and no Alcohol. Is there anything in particular that I can do to help the process. I currently take Milk thistle and drink two fresh lemons in hot water every day. I do not have any symtoms (symptoms) at all and the test are what highlighted this. I would just like to get them to normal as soon as possible for my own piece of mind and would like to be able to compare my next test results ( & reduction in levels) to what is expected in reduction  or is normal
10356 commented on stilltrying1965's status
Dee1956 NEW SURVEY, top of page, pl... Comment
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on VICourageous's status
Track your weight over time