Liver Disorders Community
High ALT & GGT Levels

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

High ALT & GGT Levels

Hi There

I had been cosuming very large ammounts of alcohol over the last 12 months due to personal problems, This has resulted in a liver function test and a scan . The scan indicated some swelling as it was pinkish. The ALT levels where 253 and the GGT level where 450. I have abstained from Alcohol for the last 3 weeks. Can you give me any idea how long it takes for these leves to drop to normal range with a healthy diet, excercise and no Alcohol. Is there anything in particular that I can do to help the process. I currently take Milk thistle and drink two fresh lemons in hot water every day. I do not have any symtoms (symptoms) at all and the test are what highlighted this. I would just like to get them to normal as soon as possible for my own piece of mind and would like to be able to compare my next test results ( & reduction in levels) to what is expected in reduction  or is normal