High Direct Bilirubin level?
Hi there.
I am a 23 year old male, and starting three months ago now I've been experiencing intestinal problems. Frequent bowel movements in the morning, loose-watery stools, flatulence and burping and general discomfort. I first had general blood work done and everything came back normal. Then I had an ultrasound scan of my abdomen and a slightly enlarged liver came back with no damage, lots of gas present, but everything else was normal. Seeing that I wasn't improving or feeling better, my doctor had me tested for H.pylori and also had me do my liver blood work again this time including Bilirubin. H.pylori came back positive, I am currently on antibiotics. Everything was normal besides the direct Bilirubin level was high at 0,35 mg/dL, which is worrying me greatly. I've been reading all sorts of horrifying things on the internet and I'm quite the hypochondriac so you can just imagine how I feel at the moment. Is this a reason for  immediate concern and should I seek medical attention again? I've been in and out of doctors lately and have been taking all kind of meds, just can't take it any more. Thanks.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

For Direct (also called conjugated) bilirubin the normal range is 0 to 0.3 mg/dL. Your values are within the range. An enlarged liver can occur due to infections/inflammations or the liver or due to cardiac cause like right heart failure. It needs to be determined what is causing the enlargement. Sometimes besides blood tests and imaging studies, a biopsy may needed to make  a diagnosis. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
As an addendum, the liver cells are good @ recovery, if it's the picture u r painting, then no cause for alarm! Just let those doctors do their work....stay healthy!