Liver Disorders Community
High Liver Enzymes

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

High Liver Enzymes

I've been feeling really tired a lot here recently, and just not hungry.  on 11/26 I ate a piece of bread and a slice of turkey meat, and then I just haven't been hungry or wanting to eat.  I have been drinking water and milk and tea to try to get something in my system.  On 11/30 I got really shaky, so I forced myself to eat part of a sandwich, which was a big mistake because I just ended up throwing it all back up.  I called my Dr and they ordered blood work.  They called me back and said that my blood work all came back fine except for 2 things, my AST was 230, and my ALT was 271.  I have repeat labs and an appointment to see the Dr. on 12/5, but I'm just nervous.  I've dropped 17 lbs in 14 days, I'm so tired all the time, I've got a metal taste in my mouth that I can't get out no matter what I drink (I'm assuming from not eating), and I started my period and I'm bleeding MUCH, MUCH heavier than I normally do, I have a dull ache high up on my right side, and a lot of times my low back is sore.  There is a strong family history of cancer on both sides of my family, and normally, the tumors are rapid growing tumors.  My mother died suddenly of Lung Cancer in May, and she was only diagnosed with it 3 days before she died.  I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I tend to eat pretty healthy, I exercise, I've been with the same sexual partner for the past 8 years, so I don't think it's fatty liver, hepatitis, or cirrhosis.  I also know it's not my gall bladder because I had that removed earlier this year due to gall stones and attacks.  Does anyone have any ideas on what else it could be.
You are ill. When you find out your diagnosis, you should strongly consider changing the food you are eating. Start juicing only organic carrots, spinach, kale, etc. drinking one gallon of juice per day. This can save your life if you do it seriously, at least for one year.
Hope you are feeling better.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The normal range of values for AST (SGOT) is from 5 to 40 units per liter of serum and the normal range of values for ALT (SGPT) is from 7 to 56 units per liter of serum. Elevated levels can occur with liver disease, but other causes for the enzyme elevation could be muscle disease or injury.
Repeat LFT is mandatory, if they are still elevated the cause needs to be determined. This is done with the help of ultra sonogram and if need be, biopsy of liver will help to clinch the diagnosis.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
hello Anitha
I have posted a question. My id is sonu1808. Appreciate ur quick reply. Please