How much wine per day/week will elevate liver emzymes?
I had gastric bypass surgery 14 years ago and have lost 140#. Needless to say I have may of the dificiencies that go along with it. A recent physical indicated that my liver emzymes are elevated to about double the normal range. This is the first time I have ever had this issue. I' m curious if it could be due to the medications I am taking or if it might be wine or the possile combination of both. I am currently taking Welbutrin 150mg bid, Prozac 10mg 1xd, for depression with a recent addition of neurontin liquid 350mg bid & capsules 300mg 1xd for fibromyalgia, Prilosec 1xd for uclers, Celebrex 1xd for inflammation causing chronic pain, Skelaxin,400mg 2-4xweek, Addarall 50mg daily for ADD, Foltrin bid for anemia, Estrovent for hot flashes, an most recently I am being bolased with 5000u Vit. D due to vit D deficiency and  liquid calicium 1000mg with 400mg vit D.

I have never been much of a drinker, if i had 5 drinks/year that was a lot. In the last year I have found that I enjoy a glass of wine or two in the evening. At the most I may drink 1-2 glasses 4 nights/week but usually less.

What do you think is the most likely cause of elevated liver emzymes? How high is considered alarming?
I don't think that amount of wine alone would elevate you enzymes but with the drugs you're taking I really don't know.
I believe that Skelaxin may be associated with elevated liver enzymes is some people but again, I am not sure of this. I would Google all of the drugs you're taking with the word "liver" or "hepatic" eg "Skelaxin Liver". Or just "Skelaxin" alone and try to find a reputable drug site and check side effects or contraindications.
The wine alone? I sincerely doubt it. I would guess one or more of the drugs or the combination of one or more of the drugs with wine.
Mike
When I posted I didn't keep in mind the fact that you've undergone bariatric surgery. That is a factor with which I am not familiar  - how that surgery affects alcohol intake. I think what I said about the drugs is still applicable but I don't know what affect, if any, bariatric surgery might have on alcohol consumption. I would probably stop drinking until I cleared it with a reputable physician who specializes in that field of medicine.
Good luck,
Mike
ipw
I have just started taking gabapentin 300mg at bedtime for nerve pain fro a herniated lumbar disc. I hope to only be on it until surgery since it makes me very drowsey. My question is ...will it be Ok to have a glass of wine or two with dinner?
I was on gabapentin (neurontin) a couple of years ago for something not related to Hepatitis C and my liver enzymes went really high.  After some reseach online I came across article saying gabapentin can increase these.  Here is a link to one article I read and you can find others as well.  Hope this helps http://www.livestrong.com/article/471052-does-gabapentin-cause-elevated-liver-enzymes/