Aa
A
A
Close
Hypodensity of left liver lobe 3mm found on ct scan
Hi, I had a ct scan. for uterine fibroids-- anyway, report came back and it mentioned a 3mm hypodensity on left liver lobe.  I also had some hypodensity on ovary, and my fibroid, which my gyn. already knew about.. anyway, MY concern was not the fibroids, but the liver hypodensity.  The report suggested Uterine Ultrasound (which my gyn. did not order, cause we know the drill) and a ct. scan of liver in 3 months!!!!!!  
I had elevated enzymes last Memorial Day, after a virus, ( I believer the Swine Flu)... and was tested all summer for enzymes, which came down.  Was retested in Jan. 10, and normal.
I brought this report to the gastro . dr. and the nurse is going to have the dr. read and get back to me on Monday. She looked at my chart and said all my last tests were all normal.
Should I be concerned????? My tests said the liver was of normal size.  I had an ultra-sound last summer and it came back normal....
Can I have a glass of wine/ beer? I am afraid at this point!!!!!!!  I am social drinker.. My reg. dr. got the report and was not concerned, my Gyn. was not concerned.... so WHY am I freaking out?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
From what I have read cysts on the liver are very common and most doctors are not usually overly alarmed by them.  They typically keep a watchful eye on them.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
My gastro. sent me for a AFP, I got freaked out... bloodwork for cancer... I then asked if I had that done before... when I had liver enzyme issues last summer, due to a virus ( cold type).... I did have the test!  It was normal in June... so, I am just hoping / praying!!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I have to have had the AFT test, they use it as a tumor marker, it is an indicator but not a diagnostic test.  AFP can be elevated for other reasons than cancer.  It is just part of the watchful eye I mentioned earlier.  I would be concerned if your doc didn't test you for it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
5986700 tn?1380794980
Blank
spider6 commented on Failed.
Dec 02
317787 tn?1473362051
Blank