Liver Disorders Community
Is it normal to have vessels on your liver??

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Hi Just been told I have 'vessels' on my liver. Originally I was diagnosed with a number of probls on my spine  and they saw what they thought was possible occasional cysts. Ive had the scan and it showed no cysts but 'vessles' they are hemangiomas arent they?? And does anyone think they are linked with my haemangiomas on my spine I have 4 in my vertrabal bodies.
I went to the docs origianlly for pain in my spine, it spread over a wider area and also to my rib area. My stomach area feels extended, bloated and full all the time.
The scan doctor said she be telling my doctor my liver is normal. Is it normal to have hemangimas on your liver??? I also have bulged discs to sagittal T1 weightted and T1, axial T1weighted and T2 weighted through discs, subtle focal kyphotic change at the T11-12, scattered occasional haemangiomas in T9, L3, L4 and S1 vertebral bodies, dessication (desiccation) of the thoracic and lumbar discs, small schmorls nodes adjacent to T11-12 and T10-11 discs, disc bulge at T11-12, facetal changes L3-4 and L4-5 and not sure which is causing my pain???
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Liver hemangioma is a benign mass made up of a tangle of blood vessels in the liver. Most people who have a liver hemangioma never experience signs and symptoms and never need treatment.  The cause is not clear but it may be congenital in nature. To ease any worry, it is best that you discuss the result with your attending physician for proper evaluation also. The pain in your back may be attributed to musculoskeletal issues such as  the bulging discs, dessication (desiccation)  and kyphotic change. A referral to a specialist may also be helpful. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hi thanks for your reply. Im hoping tbe pain is my spine just ribs hurt also. I do have tenderness nd fullness in stomach area and had a scan once before cos of same prib came back normal then? So they new or were missed. My back pain is unbearable so i will take your advice and see if i can see someone about it. Has to be something although been told off gp no operations. :/