Liver Disorders Community
Length of HIDA scan

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Length of HIDA scan

I had a HIDA scan today and it only lasted an hour...both parts...i am starting to think that the rad tech didn't allow enough time. I did fine the first part, but the second part was so painful!!! My usual symptoms times 20. I didn't think i could take anymore. The tech didn't give me any info and i don't know the results. i am at my wits end, but why was my HIDA scan so fast if others were there for hours? what does that mean? Any advise would be appreciated.

Basically, I am afraid that the tech didn't administer the test right. She put the IV in, put the radioactive stuff in my IV, moved the camera thing over me and then that lasted about 40 mins...then she did the second part and she told me it would be 30 mins, but i swear it was no longer than 15 mins...
Dee1956 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
1 hr ago
spider6 commented on spider6's status
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
Track your weight over time