Liver Disorders Community
Lipase and ALT

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Lipase and ALT

Hi All,
So confused re: the "normal" reference range for lipase testing.  I received a result of 71 (nonfasting) and am trying to find out if this is an elevated result.  Will a nonfasting test produce a higher lipase number?  I have seen at least 5 different "normal" ranges in my research--- some as high as 300 still within normal range.  Similarly, my ALT liver lab result just came back at 40 which is at the high end of one reference range but within limits according to my lab's standards (13-69.)  This is all so frustrating :(

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The normal lipase level is 12-70 U/L. Normal values may vary from laboratory to laboratory. Your ALT also appears to be in the normal range. So, please stop worrying. If you do not have symptoms of liver disease like jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and fever, I would advise you to wait for now and repeat the test after four weeks to see how the levels are progressing.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Dee1956 Meegy has 80 days, so proud... Comment
15 mins ago
Dee1956 commented on meegWpaw's status
11 mins ago
Dee1956 commented on specialmom's status
50 mins ago
Track your weight over time