Liver Disorders Community
Liver Diease Questions

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Liver Diease Questions

We just learned that our 11 year old has a liver disease. We have an appointment with a specialist this week. Can you please recommend questions that I should ask? Thanks!
Hi tink, there are many types of liver disease so without knowing specificly it's hard to comment. One thing I would recommend is make sure you ask the doctor for a copy of the blood lab results and any other tests already performed. These copies should be free to you or in rare occasions a very small fee. Keep these copies for researching purposes later down the line. A binder or folder should help you keep these arranged nicely and by date. These will help you gain a better perspective of your childs condition and perhaps help arouse questions and ideas.

Another thing I have noticed while seeing the specialist is it is always best to keep a small tablet of paper with a list of questions ready for the Dr.. Most specialists seem to always be in a big hurry so be prepared with your list and make sure the Dr. explains each question you have and every statment he makes until you have a complete understanding. These doctors normally are so busy you may be waiting for a while so bring something to read and drink.

Also understand they don't mean to seem rude but they are so busy helping. The last thing I can think to tell you is that Medhelp is full of wonderful and knowledgeable people eager to help. I'm glad you found us! There are also forums you can use to ask a doctor specifically. The more discriptive you can be in your post the better answers you will get.
I wish you the best and God bless you and your family.
Randy
spider6 commented on spider6's status
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
clean_in_ks commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Track your weight over time