Liver Disorders Community
Liver Disorders
About This Community:

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Liver Disorders

I've had a large Liver simple Cyst for 10 years with no septations inside it, and have Ultrasounds every 6 months to watch it since it has been growing thru the years.  In 12/2011 it was 6x6.5 and minimally complicated with one internal septation.  Now 7/2012 (6 mos later it grew to 7x7.5) still minimally complicated but now has more septations.  They want me to have an MRI with contrast to diagnois the septations. I read they can be malignant or benign.
I'm a 5 year survivor of Breast Cancer - Early Stage 1  (clean nodes), no metastizes, No radiation, no chemo, had a single Mastectomy.  I guess that's why they are concerned, but I didn't think cancer can metastize with Stage 1, clean nodes, & mastectomy after this long.  I had a PetScan a year ago 7/2011 with contrast - was Normal.  MRI of Breast /Normal, US Breast/ Normal, Cancer Markers all Normal, and Liver Enzymes all Normal.  I've been reading that Septations can also be benign.  I would love hearing from anyone that can give me more information.  Thank you
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament and sympathize with you. Usually metastasis are multiple. But considering that it is a complex cyst, it could also be a primary tumor from the liver, either benign or malignant.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Liver Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank