Liver Disorders Community
Liver Hematoma

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Liver Hematoma

I have a 8 cm hematoma on my liver.  (I ended up in ER with severe pain - thought I was having a heart attack). Several CT's and an MRI are NOT showing any adenomas or hemangiomas as a cause for this hematoma.  I did NOT have any trauma to my liver.  The doctor is stating that he does not know the cause of the hematoma -  I have a CA125 of 150.  No masses found anywhere else.   His course of treatment is to play the waiting game - come back in 4 weeks and do another CT and blood work and we'll check to see if it is shrinking and if the CA125 levels go down.  I am very uncomfortable with not knowing the cause of this.  Has anyone heard of this before?  
I thought that CA125 was a test for Ovarian Cancer...
Avatar n tn
You are right - CA125 is for ovarian cancer - my OB is not sure why they (the liver specialist) had even ordered that test - and no one seems to know why that test is so high.  Ultrasound of ovaries looks normal.
spider6 commented on spider6's status
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
clean_in_ks commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Track your weight over time