Liver Disorders Community
Liver Hematoma

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Liver Hematoma

I have a 8 cm hematoma on my liver.  (I ended up in ER with severe pain - thought I was having a heart attack). Several CT's and an MRI are NOT showing any adenomas or hemangiomas as a cause for this hematoma.  I did NOT have any trauma to my liver.  The doctor is stating that he does not know the cause of the hematoma -  I have a CA125 of 150.  No masses found anywhere else.   His course of treatment is to play the waiting game - come back in 4 weeks and do another CT and blood work and we'll check to see if it is shrinking and if the CA125 levels go down.  I am very uncomfortable with not knowing the cause of this.  Has anyone heard of this before?  
I thought that CA125 was a test for Ovarian Cancer...
Avatar n tn
You are right - CA125 is for ovarian cancer - my OB is not sure why they (the liver specialist) had even ordered that test - and no one seems to know why that test is so high.  Ultrasound of ovaries looks normal.
10356 commented on stilltrying1965's status
Dee1956 NEW SURVEY, top of page, pl... Comment
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on VICourageous's status
Track your weight over time