Liver Disorders Community
Liver Nodules...
About This Community:

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Liver Nodules...

What is liver nodules mean? Is it cancerous or benign?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Don't really know what this means.  Had a CT scan recently that showed up a spot or a growth and will be having an MRI to see if it's benign  or cancerous.  Did you ask your doctor what this means?  I know I have a small nodule on my thyroid but that is okay and many people get nodules there and they are usually beniign.  That may be the case with nodules on livers.  Sorry I could not be of more help.  Good luck to you and I'm sure some one else will answer your question shortly.
Blank
729009_tn?1237330483
From what I've read, Lindy55 is right in that most nodules are benign. A problem arises when they affect the actual function of your organ. Did you have the CT scan because of liver concerns? If so, I'm sure you doctor is just trying to pinpoint the problem.

Take care,
Nicole
Blank
Thank you for all your support...am having a CT scan Tomorrow morning..
Blank
My husband was diagnosed with a tumor in his neck the size if a baseball last Feb. 07. He cmpleted chemo and radiation in July and was diagnosed cancer free in August. He is just starting to gain wait and recover a little. Now Feb. 08 he had a CT that found a spot on his liver. I have read about secondary cancer and he does not have the symptoms. Could the spots be something else? He is schduled for an MRI, but I am worried to death and it is hard to wait for the answers.
Blank
I have been told by my doctor that nodule is another word for tumor.  They use the term until the nodule is confirmed what it is.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Liver Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...