Liver Disorders Community
Liver adenoma

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Liver adenoma

Hi, I have recently had a MRI for a liver problem which I am not sure is exactly.  I live in a small community and I have to wait 2 weeks before anyone can tell me what my MRI results are.  I have been off work now for 2 weeks because I am unable to function properly the whole day.  I am very tired and have pain where my liver is and in my back.  I would be able to send you the MRI images because I have a copy.  Maybe you would just be able to tell me quickly whether to worry or hurry up and find a GOOD doctor because mine has no idea what he is doing.
Well, worrying will change nothing.  The MRI could have been ordered to check for bile duct obstructions - and to gleen a clearer picture of the size of your liver.

Did your Dr. run a liver enzyme panel??  If so, do you have those results?  It usually distills down to about one of a dozen things: SOme are harder to get at the root cause of than others, but, anytime your liver enzymes are elevated, and also if you have dark brownish colored urine, light colored poo, and right upper quad pain - it does need sorting out....

Get the labs, they usually do a hep screen at the same time to determine if you may have hepatitis A B or C, and if not, then we can help you dig deeper.

I would also get online and find the nearest teaching University style hospital - thats where liver specialists (called hepatologists) spend there days - and even if you could get one that would work with your MD  - that would be good to have the tests ordered and reviewed by a hepatologist.

Let us all know - CCRN and MikeSImon have greta answers - and so does Dr. Schiano over on the "liver Transplant" section

Jack