Liver Disorders Community
Liver area pain

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Liver area pain

Does liver pain only occur on the upper right quadriant?
Can Liver pain penetrate throught the back as well?
Does pain from upper right to center and partial left fall in the symptoms of liver problems?
hi latae, sorry to hear that you are having pain, do you still have your gallbladder.
What type of pain are you experiencing?
I too would like to know if the can can be in your back. I have no upper right stomach pain but do have pain in my right shoulder blade area. I do have my gall bladder.
From what I understand, Gallbladder disease can cause pain between the shoulder blades or shoulder blade area.
I had gallbladder disease and had to have it removed in 2001.  I was nauseous and had what felt like indigestion and pain that circulated through my chest and into my left shoulder.
I know someone that has what is called fatty liver and he has a terrible pain in his upper right side that circulates around his back and is in his left side at times but never as bad as the pain in his right side.  He was just diagnosed today.  It is caused by drinking beer.  He never gets drunk but has a few in the evening.  Please get an ultrasound and liver function tests if you are having these symptoms.  It can turn worse.
liver pain and gall bladder pain can radiate through abdomen, back, chest, shoulders arms & neck. ALWAYS get checked out.
In my previous post I meant to say the pain on his right side is worse than the pain on his left.  And YES always get an ultrasound.  There are many organs in there close together and it could be any one of them.