Liver Disorders Community
Liver biopsy questions

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Liver biopsy questions

I was recently diagnosed with NASH and received a copy of the liver biopsy report.  I was wondering if someone would please help me to understand it.  I was in for another procedure when the doctor very quickly told me that I had NASH, but that my biopsy was not as bad as he had expected it to be.  I am still concerned and have many questions. My report lists the following:
--Change involves greater than 90% of the hepatocytes
--Multifocal ballooning degeneration of hepatocytes with some pericellular fibrosis and mild active chronic inflammation
--Prominent glycogenosis of the hepatic nuclei
--Portal triads show mild increase in portal fibrous tissue
--Areas of mild duplication of the sinusoidal reticuliin in the areas of degeneration and fibrosis
Does fibrosis mean scarring?
I appreciate any help!

Tags: NASH, Liver, Liver biopsy, biopsy, fibrosis, portal fibrous tissue, hepatocytes, pericellular fibrosis, active chronic inflammation
Dee1956 commented on Belle313's status
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on 10356's status
Dee1956 commented on 10356's status
Track your weight over time