Liver Disorders Community
Liver failure vs Pancreatic Failure, which patient dies first?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Consider a situation where There is a patient with liver failure and another patients with pancreatic failure. You cannot give any medical assistance to them. Who would die first? This question was proposed by a teacher to me. I'm just a biology student but my teacher is very adamant on the idea that the pancreatic failure patient would die first. I believe otherwise, can someone give me more educated input? Thank you very much
Loss of liver function would rapidly lead to death. We have to remove the entire pancreas in some patients and they live long lives. The digestive enzymes that the pancreas produces have to be given by pill and insulin would be universally required but these are issues that can be managed. There is currently no way to replace the functions of the liver.
Dee1956 NEW SURVEY, top of page, pl... Comment
10356, and Dee1956 commented on VICourageous's status
10356 commented on stilltrying1965's status
Track your weight over time