Liver Disorders Community
Liver function tests
About This Community:

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Liver function tests

My mom died Oct 2nd from liver failure.  In June of 09, she had a low thyroid disorder and she went into a mexidema (not sure if I spelled that right) coma.  Her PCP at the time wouldn't giver her a refill cause she couln't get a blood test right away due to financal problems and free clinic waiting lists.  Anyway long story short, ever since that hjappened she was never the same.  Thje doc said they did a liver function test afterwords, but if they did, wouldn't that have told someone that she had a liver problem? The start of cirrouis? Anything? They kept on giving her potassium pills cause her levels wouldn't stay stable and kept on bottoming out.  Doc wouildn't listen to me and try to find the reason why her level wasn't stable.  I have asked this questions sooooo many times, and I can't anyone to answer me. I am having alot of trouble accepting this and moving on.  I keep wondering if her docs screwed somethng up, or wasn't paying enough attention to her cause she had no health coverage at the time.  Does anyone know how to tell me anything??