Liver issues following alcoholism and overdoses
I'd like to start out by apologizing for this 'off topic' question.

This is concerning my 23 year old brother. From 19 - 6 months ago he drank heavily every night.  

When he quit six months ago no one in my family thought anything of it. We were just pleased that he finally stopped and didn't allow it to control his life anymore.

A couple weeks ago during a family gathering he came clean that during the last year of drinking he also developed a vicodin addiction. Where he was taking 12 or so a day while drinking nightly. One night over a year ago while intoxicated he took 30 at once with suicidal intent. Obviously it didn't work, and he was never treated. According to him he was sick for a couple weeks, and then slowly began to feel better.

However, six months ago he overdosed again with suicidal intent using Aspirin. Once again, he was never treated medically but according to him he went deaf, vomited for several hours, had trouble breathing, but felt better a couple days later. It was after that night he decided to quit everything and has been clean now for six months.

I'm worried about what damage may have been done and what to expect. He has not seen a doctor, but plans to as soon as he gets a job.

I mentioned everything above to my doctor, and he said that without testing and examining he can only guess that continued sobriety and 'smart living' will only improve his health.

I just wanted to get your take on everything. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. :)
i do not think these overdoses affected his liver nor has left him with any chronic liver damage.  if he returns to drinking it can predispose him to liver failure with another such overdose.  probably no liver transplant center would offer him a transplant if he really needed one, in light of this history.
Thank you for your quick reply. It really made me feel better :) I guess the best thing anyone can do is make sure he stays sober. Once again, thank you :)