Liver Disorders Community
Liver lesions

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Liver lesions

Does lesions on your liver necessarily mean terminal disorder?
No not at all, but its best to talk to to a Hepatologist (liver specialist)
Avatar n tn
Thanks for the comments. I have not heard of a Heptologist. First I need to see a Urologist for I have these same lesions (cysts) on one my kidneys as well. Glad that I CAN live with this.
I had a lesion found on CT scan.....I nearly croaked worrying about it.  Turns out to be a benign hemangioma (Had an MRI).  Now I am going to follow up on it with and ultrasound but most likely is fine.
Strange you should ask that question. I just finished reading up on lesions a minute ago. I was curious because I was rereading my last exams and they mentioned a small lesion on liver and one on kidney. As I understand it , if they don't show any change in size. They are usually benign .  You do have to have them checked periodically. good Luck  cat
I ment to say   to:  jerry , Said Myown instead . Sorry
Avatar n tn
I also have had an MRI, CAT scan and ultra sound. Ultra sound being the first thing they did and it showed absolutely nothing. the CAT scan show something, but they weren't sure what it was. Only the new T-3 MRI showed a cyst and lesions on my liver and several on the left kidney. I also have a very bad stomach and just came off a 14 day treatment for H-Pilori. So next week it's a new urologist and a gastrointestinal doctor,. Thanks for the  all the comments. It helps to know your not alone.
If your gastrointerologyst suggests a liver biopsy. Get it done. As I mentioned before the liver problems usually cause the kidney problem. Good Luck    cat
Are ultrasounds useless? I had and abdominal one done a few months ago and it came back normal, but my LFTs are still elevated.  I am wondering if I should take some other tests.
If the reports I've gotten from Dr.s were in a language I could understand . Than maybe I could figure out how severe my ilness is. The information I get is different from what I understand it. Hope ALL are doing well. Thank God I don't feel as bad as they tell me the tests show I am.   cat
I joined this as I was out there trying to find some information on Liver Lesions..I had an ultrasound done the other day and they found a lesion but won't tell me anything  until they compare the MRI taken to the one taken in 2002..years ago I was diagnosed with a fatty liver but now I have type 2 diabetes and I am on insulin..plus meds for my tryclicerides and I am 49 yrs old..I am so scared.  I don't want to die but I am having such bad vibes...they said I should have my results by Thursday...I have so much dicomfort under my ribcage on the right side as well has my back.  I don't have a gallbladder or a spleen..Do any of you have any discomfort ??

Donna
Dee1956 commented on Belle313's status
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on 10356's status
Dee1956 commented on 10356's status
Track your weight over time