Liver pain and Borderline LFT
Hi, I feel ill when I exercise. Usually it occurs after I have been training for 3 – 4 weeks. The symptoms are flu like, lasting a day or 2. When the symptoms would subside I would start to train again and the flu would return. I also get pain in my liver area. I went to the doctor and received blood test and they came back good except for my liver function test are borderline. I had a hepatitis test and that was negative. I am scheduled for a scan on my liver tomorrow.

Couple of questions:
1) Should I stop training just now?
2) What could be causing this? (My diet is good when I’m training and I do not drink too much (bottle of wine a week))
Hi there hope this finds you well. I have exactly the same thing.Just recovered from a terrible flu like illness the worst Ive ever had ,upper abdominal pain itching and very high temperature with violent shivering.I now have a metallic taste in my mouth very nausiated all the time constant diarrhoea and like you have had a borderline liver function test,high iron content and raised esr and wbc.Ive been hunting online for answers too but nothing..
I just wanted to ask how you are firstly andwhat news you have had?
I amback next week for further tests too.
***@****
please feel free to keep in touch.
All the very best
xxx