Liver Disorders Community
Lymphocytosis?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Lymphocytosis?

Lymphocytosis was present in my CBC test. Dr said I can repeat the test after 3 weeks.
In nov 2011, Platelet count was low. In Feb it was back within range.

I have Hypothyroid. I was on Thyronorm 100 mcg I changed it to 75 mcg for 20 day and I got my period twice in a month. My thyroid report showed I need more as per Doctor so I am back on 100 mcg.
Can Lymphocytosis be because of Thyroid?
Also, I had stomach related issue so doctor ordered Liver functionality Test and enzymes were elevated. Doctor said its mot much and dismissed me.

My stomach is bloated, gas is there, I feel little feverish. and doctor dismissed me.
I am not sure what kind of doctor I need to go.

I am scared of this CBC reports where Platelet count goes low then normal and lymphocyte increased now.

Help me, guide me.
Just to mention, twice in a year I get Herpes Simplex on my left side of lips. Please let me know what kind of virus I should get checked? I need Pathology lab test name specifically. I have seen 3 doctors and none of them have taken me seriously. I am in this city for 8 months and have not able to get reference of a good doctor.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament.

The thyroid status can fluctuate from hyper to hypothyroidism; you could repeat your thyroid profile to know the current status of your thyroid gland. You have to ensure to take your medications regularly and you have to monitor the levels of your thyroid status at least once in three months.

The lymphocytosis is unlikely to be due to thyroid problem. But certain infections like tuberculosis can cause lymphocytosis with an evening rise of temperature and increased sweating. This also causes a loss of appetite; as such this is accompanied by weight loss. So, record your temperatures, on a two hourly basis to detect an evening rise of temperature.  Please check with your doctor to rule out this condition. Also, repeat your liver function tests to know the current status.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.