Liver Disorders Community
Medication for Liver Inflammation

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Medication for Liver Inflammation

This question is about my girlfriend…
She recently told me she was diagnosed with liver inflammation. They did a blood test on her along with an ultrasound. Her symtoms (symptoms) were that she was feeling hot, had nausea and vomiting, and was tired a lot. She told me it wasn't Hepatitis and was given a prescription to take a certain medication for several months to get better. She just started it and said she couldn't remember the name of it, but had to take it 3x per day with fatty foods.She cannot have any alcohol for the entire time.

This morning she needed to get up at 6:30 to take her medication.

Does anyone know what the name of the medication might be? I've only been with this girl for a short time and I just want to make sure she isn't pregnant or something. I've asked her a lot of questions about it, but seems to be avoiding some of them. She did say that she used to mix alcohol and pain killers, which could be a possible cause.

Just looking for a little piece of mind if anyone can help.

Thanks!
Sorry, but liver inflammation is not a disease or diagnosis. It is a symptom of something else. What that something else is between her and her doctor.

When someone tells you what they don't have (hepatitis) and can't remember the name of a drug she takes every day...it means she is tell you she doesn't want to tell you about it.

Since your new girlfriend doesn't want to tell you what is going on you have no choice but to except not knowing or getting another girlfriend. That is your two choices.

People's medical issues are personal. If they choose not to share it, that is the way it is. Would you want to be forced to share all your personal medical issues with others. I think not. We all have a right to our own privacy.

She has decided not to share it with you. Accept it or move on.

Good luck.
Hector
10356 commented on zerokewl123's status
1 hr ago
10356 commented on dominosarah's status
1 hr ago
10356 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
1 hr ago
Track your weight over time