Liver Disorders Community
My Hepatic Hemangioma

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

My Hepatic Hemangioma

For the last 7 months I have had bloating ( always feel like I have eaten a 12 course meal ) with belching and pain that begins in my left abdomin (abdomen) ( almost under the rib cage ) and radiates to my left shoulder, Hurts with every breathe and at times am unable to eat or sleep. Hospitalized in Feb and found no cause for the pain, treated with omeprazole, but found a liver hemangioma that meausered 5.6cm /5.8. Eventually symptoms went away to return in May. Severe at times and lasting 4 weeks. Symptoms returned in August and although they say the hemangioma should not be causing this, they have not found any other cause. The hemangioma is still growing and was 9.1 / 7.1 in August and is now 9.2 / 7.7 in September ( Left lobe of the liver ). Should I see another specialist to find the cause? Should I seek another Gastro Dr or try to see a liver specialist?
I'd post this question on the liver transplant board where a transplant surgeon answers liver related questions.

Here is the link:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Liver-Transplant/show/274

Good luck,
Mike
What did you decide to do? I was recently diagnosed with 4 Giant hemangiomas in my liver.  I'm trying to figure out what to do.

I started a Facebook page for Giant hepatic hemangiomas so we can discuss options & how to deal with it.