NASH biopsy terminology?
I was recently diagnosed with NASH and received a copy of the liver biopsy report.  I was wondering if someone would please help me to understand it.  I was in for another procedure when the doctor very quickly told me that I had NASH, but that my biopsy was not as bad as he had expected it to be.  I am still concerned and have many questions. My report lists the following:
--Change involves greater than 90% of the hepatocytes
--Multifocal ballooning degeneration of hepatocytes with some pericellular fibrosis and mild active chronic inflammation
--Prominent glycogenosis of the hepatic nuclei
--Portal triads show mild increase in portal fibrous tissue
--Areas of mild duplication of the sinusoidal reticuliin in the areas of degeneration and fibrosis
Does fibrosis mean scarring?
I appreciate any help!
Hello and hope you are doing well
.
NASH is diagnosed if the tissue shows fat along with inflammation and damage to liver cells. Yes, fibrosis means scaring. There are areas of degeneration. There are inflammatory changes, which can result in scaring. This could progress to cirrhosis. Also, the portal fibrous tissue can cause portal hypertension.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!  I am sorry for not understanding very well, but does that mean I have some areas of scaring and some areas that may eventually result in scaring?  Also, I have read about NASH stages.  Based on my results, can you give a ballpark of what stage I would be?
I am so excited to find this site.  Bless you for your help.