Liver Disorders Community
ND37love my boys

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

ND37love my boys

I'm a 37 year old female that was hospitalized on may5,2013 I had internal bleeding the final diagnosis was cirrhosis of the liver with ruptured varices this has been a scary 7 months I've gotten a liver biopsy done to see what stage I was in Dr let 2pathology people look at it and it was cirrhosis but she told me not bad enough to go on a liver transplant list yet I'm just amazed that technology doesn't have more medicines to help with this disease because before May 5th I never had any obvious symptoms I'm scared and a afraid of what the outcome of this is going to be I have 2 beautiful boys 15 and 17 years old and I have to fight to live I want to see them successful in their life and see my Grandbabies be born I just soo much more to do on earth  and I feel like I was giving a death sentence which makes my anxiety worse !!!!pleas help give me some feedback on my issue!!!
Good news is that the liver is amazingly resilent. You didn't mention the cause of your liver disease but if whatever it is can be resolved or stopped, your liver can make a bit of a comeback and you can remain healthy for a long time. I assume the varices have been treated and aren't an issue anymore. Have you been retaining any water yet?
Hi I am so sorry for your news, I am sure you are in shock.
I was dx with cirrhosis in 2008 and thought it was a death sentence.  It isn't or it doesn't have to be.
You should try to change your diet to help your liver work better.  No fried foods, or red meat, drink lots of water.
Try to eat as healthy as you are able with fresh fruits vebetables, avoid processed food.
Everything you eat, drink, put on your body have to go through the liver.

Also what ever is causing this  has to be stopped.  In my case I had Hepatitis C. In other cases, drinking can do this or the combo of tylenol and alcohol.  In others a fatty liver could cause cirrhosis

If you can find the cause you could get much better.
Good luck
Dee