Normal Bilirubin values
i am a 41 year old male. i recently had some bloodwork done here in denver @ the 9news healthfair. everything came back normal except my bilirubin levels wich came in @

total= 1.8
direct=  0.3

is this something i should be alarmed about??
Direct bilirubin is liver related. Yours is within the reference range but it is at the top end of the range. This implies that you don't have a liver problem.
Your Total Bilirubin, which is the sum of your Direct Bilirubin and your Indirect Bilirubin, is somewhat elevated - ranges vary but I think 1.4 is a commonly seen upper limit for Total Bilirubin. This suggests that your Indirect Bilirubin is elevated (since your Direct Bilirubin is "normal").
There can be several reasons for an elevated Indirect Bilirubin and a relatively common one is Gilbert's Syndrome. This is considered by most physicians to be a benign disorder - it isw not at all harmful. You can Google "Gilbert's Syndrome" and you'll learn more than you want to about it.

There can be other causes but they rarely show only an elevation of Indirect Bilirubin. Generally you'd see some other blood abnormalities.

That's about all I can tell you.

Good luck,
Mike
hey thanks mike, thanks for some direction.