PAIN UNDER RIB AND LOWER BACK -LIVER?
I am a 52 yr old female who just had gall bladder surgery yesterday. I went in with a terrific pain under my right rib and lower right side of my back.  The back pain has been there several months. My pancreas levels were elevated to a like a 368, so they treated me with no food and iv's for pancreitis. My basic blood tests levels for the liver were normal.
They said the ultra sound showed gallstones but the MRI didn't show any outside the gallbladder but recommended I have the surgery anyway.  I had it lapriscopy and am home but that SAME terrific pain is under my right rib and lower back.  I know I am sore from the surgery but this is the same pain that was there when I went in...exactly . I have read that with liver cancer, the symptoms can be exactly what I am having and the levels in the liver won't necessarily be abnormal. I am also  having the pain under my breast bone.  What should I do?   Should I find a gastro doctor or what doctor do you recommend.   Please help .I am beginning to get scared.
I am very curious to know if you found out anything. As I am 33 year old female with the same pain (right side and under breast bone) but I have yet to have the gallbladder removed, as the doctor 'was not sure' and I did not want to have surgery without a more definite diagnosis. Any info you could pass along would be greatly appreciated.
If you are that worried ask the Doc to do a liver biopsy.  I would also ask for a Hepatitis C test.
Hi there just read your Q, did the surgeons tell you that the pain you felt before the GB was removed may still be felt after? cos mine did, and 8 months after, I am having hourrendous pain from attacks that come and go every 5-6 weeks. My specialist has put them down to a dysfunction call Sphincter of Oddi, Google this and see if the symptoms are similar to yours! I would not even consider thinkning you have cancer ATM, My LFT's are always elevated  after 'an attack' but return after a few days.
I would deffinately seek a GI specialist so you can be reassured or investigated further. Good luck :-)