Pain Pills and your Liver
Can an excesive use of pain pills cause lesions on your liver?  My exhusband was on alot of other medications as well. But i'm wondering if his constant use of pain pills for years hasn't caused some liver lesions. And i am talking about excessive use of drugs.
I do know that any and all med's, vitamins, minerals..... anything ingested has to be processed in the liver.  MY GI dr. said that pain med's , and other med's are harmful to the liver and your liver " takes a hit" when we take these things.over a long period of time.
example: I took Tamoxifen for 5 years..... it harmed my liver.
I also had chemo for br. cancer---- the chemo drugs harmed my liver even more.

MY GI dr. told me to take only what he prescribes...... and no pain med's unless prescribed.
Thank you for getting back to me. That was very helpful. I do take vitamins with supper. I didn't realize that, that as well sould be done in moderation. Huh, just when you think your doing a good thing. Think again.
I have also been taking pain pills regularly for about 3 to 4 years. This may sound like a silly question but where in the body is the liver located and would it be painful if it has been damaged. I'm kind of worried because i've been having pain in my lower back on the left side (lower lumbar region)only, for about 6 months, and more recently i've been having pains in the front left side as well (just under the rib cage). Thanks so much for your help!! This is a wondeful site that provides great information for many people.
PAIN MEDS WITH TYLENOL ARE HARD ON THE LIVER.  THE TYLENOL IS WHAT DOES THE MOST DAMAGE.  PAIN MEDS MINUS THE TYLENOL ARE SAFER BUT CONSIDERING EVERYTHING PASSES THROUGH THE LIVER THEY TO CAN CAUSE INCRESSED LIVER ENZYME READINGS. ONLY A BIOPSY CAN DETERMINE WHAT CAUSED THE LESIONS.