Liver Disorders Community
Reasons for high liver count.

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Reasons for high liver count.

My SGOT came back at 95 and my SGPT was 64. Also my LIPID Panel was 173. Can high cholesterol be a cause of my liver counts being high? Also i drank a lot of Redline energy drinks, could these cause my liver counts to be high?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Increased levels of SGOT and SGPT are indicative of liver disease. The commonest cause is fatty liver disease; this can be detected by an ultrasonography. Fatty liver can be due to alcoholism when it is called Alcoholic fatty liver disease and the other one is Non alcoholic fatty liver disease, which is due to obesity, diabetes and high triglyceride levels. This can progress to cirrhosis of the liver and can be associated with hepatocellular carcinoma. High cholesterol can raise the liver enzymes by causing changes in the liver. So, prevention or cure is by avoiding alcohol and treating diabetes, obesity and high triglyceride levels.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.