Should This Be Investigated Further?
Hello Doctor,

On 2/8/13, I went to the ER because of severe constipation. The ER physician ordered a CT Scan of my upper abdomen down to my pelvic area. The results that came back were 1) Cyst on my right ovary, and; 2) a "low density lesion in the right hepatic lobe posteriorly and superiorly which becomes isodense to liver on delayed images. This could represent a small hemangioma. This measures 1 cm maximal dimension. No other heptatic lesion is identified."

The ER doc never once mentioned the hemangioma. I only found out because I went to medical records and got a copy of my report to take to another doctor (I am being scheduled for a hysterectomy soon due to Stage 3 Endometriosis). I showed my gynecologist the report. She said it was nothing to be concerned about, despite the report saying that a follow up is recommended on both findings.

Well I sort of forgot about it after that. Until now. I have started to have sudden pain in the upper right side around the bottom portion of my ribs. I am now starting to wonder if this should be investigated further by a doctor or if I should trust the CT results.

I am scheduled for a colonoscopy on Thursday (3/7) due to me telling my gynecologist that my bowel habits have changed (she wants this done before she will do the hysterectomy). Would it serve me well to tell my gastroenterologist about this and ask for a referral to a specialist?
Hemangiomas the most common benign lesion of the liver

To be on the safe side you should have another CT scan in 6 months to make sure it has not grown. You should have it done at the same hospital as the other CT scan.

A 1 cm (0.4") lesion can not cause pain.

Only if you have cirrhosis of the liver do you need to worry about liver cancer.

Hector