T-tube removal procedure
My husband had surgery 2 months ago to remove his gallbladder & most of his pancreas. A biliary t-tube was placed during surgery, which the dr has decided to remove today. All I can find when I search for how it's removed is medical sites about the complications, which is the opposite of helpful. My husband asked the dr what was involved, but he was ignored.  I'd really like to hear from people who had a t-tube taken out; what exactly was done, did it hurt, did you have any complications? Thanks
Mine was just pulled out by my surgeon. Bile leaks are possible and I had one. You'll know immediately because it is rather painful. They put a stent in me and I was fine.
Mine tube was due to a liver transplant and I had it for 3 months before they removed it. I think the risk of a leak is around 15%.

Good luck,
Mike