Urgent! Aspirin Overdose
I accidentally overdosed yesterday on aspirin while trying to combat horrible headache, sickness, menstrual pain, etc all at once. I think it's a "therapeutic misadventure" where I ended up taking about 6-7g daily for two days instead of 4g. I was not trying to self-harm or get high. I didn't realize a bit too much could be so harmful. I felt nauseous and threw up then quit all the pills. When I read online this could poison my body and lead to liver failure I rushed to the hospital this morning (I live in Japan). After explaining my situation to the doctor, he said I'd be fine and that the liver is very strong. He only heard my story and listened to my stomach. I said I worried about my liver, worried about the throwing up, the overdose, and asked about stomach pumping, activated charcoal, etc. He insisted I was fine though my stomach hurt, gave me medicine for upset stomach, and agreed to do a blood test for liver function at my request. The results come in on Monday. I could have liver failure by then. Should I listen to him and not worry? I'd hate to have sudden liver failure from a stupid mistake though I tried to do the right thing. Help me please!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid and excess ingestion can cause an elevation of liver enzymes and sometimes jaundice. Excessive ingestion of Aspirin is more likely to increase the risk of bleeding than liver damage. So, have yourself evaluated for this. Also, with severe liver failure, its unlikely you would be without any symptoms. So, please don't worry.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.