Vomiting blood and rectal bleeding
Hi, did anyone or know anyone who was a heavy drinker and ended up vomiting blood and having rectal bleeding.  My mother has had this happen before but not with rectal bleeding.  This time she has been admitted with rectal bleeding also.  There is alot of bleeding both ends.

She was told by her doctor her kidneys are shot and she is just a mess inside.  This was 6 months ago.  Since then, she has been drinking.  She has no intentions of quitting.  She is 83 and I guess she figures what for but she doesn't realize what she is putting her family through.

Can anyone tell me if this is the end for her.  Has this happened to anyone you know and what was the outcome?  thanks so much
Maggie
My sister (53, now deceased) had heavy rectal bleeding and it turned out to be Stage IV rectal cancer.  Has your mom had a colonoscopy? Had my sister had one, she would be
alive today. Could it be that she knows something she is not telling the rest of the family? God Bless you and your mom.