Liver Disorders Community
Want to know reason for chest tightening and breathing problems

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

I had triple by-pass surgery back in February, 2008, and had another angiogram back on September 8, 2008, as I am having alot of chest tightening and breathing problems.  The chest tightening and breathing problems will get worse if I do activities and even with just no activity at all.  In the last few weeks, even just sitting or lying down in bed will bring on chest tightening and breathing problems.  I also have pain just below the rib cage on both sides of the ribs and I notice it is worse on the right side.  Just recently, I noticed if I bend down, I get a sharp pain on the right side below my rib cage.  I am really worried as the angiogram I had on Sept. 8/08, showed my heart was in good shape---no blockages and the by-passes are fine.  I also had other tests on the heart such as echo cardiogram, stress test, prefusion study, etc. and they all showed I was fine.  In 2006, I did have an angioplasty on my left groin area due to blockage but this was cleared up with angioplasty.  I have lost over 20 pounds in the last six months even though I am eating normally and even eating more than I used to.  Back in July, 2008, I started experiencing alot of dizziness and lightheadedness when walking so my doctor has arranged for me to see a ear, nose and throat specialist as he thinks I also have an inner ear problem or problem with my equilibrium.  Recently, an ultrasound on my thyroid showed there is a nodule there and my doctor has ordered further tests to see about this nodule and why I am losing weight for no reason.  Could a thyroid problem be causing the chest tightening and breathing problems and pain?  Since I have such a strong history of blockages and family history of heart disease and artery disease, could I possibly have a blockage in another organ in my body close to the chest or even in my chest.  What could be causing these symptoms?  Could cancer be a cause?
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on 10356's status
10356 went to my appointment I wi... Comment
Jul 22
Dee1956 commented on THIS NEW FORUM STINKS...
Jul 22
Track your weight over time