What causes increase in SGPT
What are the causes of increased SGPT in the blood? Why is someone who is not obese  or rarely drink  alcohol still suffer from high SGPT? What other laboratory procedures must be done to find out the main reason for high SGPT? What must be done to treat the problem?  Thanks.
There can be a number of causes. Generally the reading means more when factoring in both enzyme levels - which most labs refer to now as ALT and AST, along with total and unconjugated bilirubin levels - the thre together paint a picture: One indicates alcoholism and NASH, one indicates blocked/constricted bile ducts, and so on.

Many people have genetic markers that seem to predispose them to things like NASH and so on.  Also long term (and some not-so-long term) ingestion of certain medications can cause liver related problems - much like what you are seeing.

At any rate, follow up with your doc, and look thru your med history the past few years and note what meds you may take - and same for certain herbs - for instance black cohosh can be deadly to some women....

Keep diggin'

Jack