Liver Disorders Community
What is a isoechoic mass

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

What is a isoechoic mass

Recently had US ABD Complete and US ABD Retroperitoneal Complete for pain in the upper quadrant abdominal pain.
Results were that the liver has a homogeneous echo pattern.  In the left lobe, there is evidence of a well defined 2.4x2.8x2.3 cm isoechoic mass.  Exactly what is this?  The kidneys showed normal except for a right upper pole renal cyst measuring 1.3x1.2x1.1 cm. No other evidende of focal renal mass.
A CT is recommended.
What does this all mean and can blood work help define the problem?
an ultrasound is very non-sepcific so you definitely need a CT scan to better define what this is.  baseline blood tests, such as a liver profile will be helpful but the scan is most important.  This may be nothing but a hemangioma so nothing to worry about.
Avatar n tn
I have PRIMARY BILIARY CIRROSIS (cirrhosis) OF THE LIVER (PBC) which is an autoimmune disease. (I also have Multiple Sclerosis & several other autoimmune illnesses).  What I am hoping is to find anyone who may be experiencing so many autoimmune illnesses at one time.
Sincerely,
Misty
I have multiple sclerosis, i was diagnosised in sept. 2006. So far i haven't had any problems with my liver.

Bob :)
Avatar n tn
My mother just had a liver scan and they found a isoechoic solid appearing mass in the right  lobe of the liver5.9x6.1x5.8.  also both kidneys are mildly hyperechoic.  We are having a ct scan done on Thursday...she is 91..What does this say to you  on prognosis?  Could it be binign?  Or is it most likely malignant.  If  malignant would you, at her age, actively treat?  Will she have a lot of pain?  
Jade59 commented on photo
51 mins ago
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on VICourageous's status
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on dominosarah's status
Track your weight over time