What is my lever Biopsy test result indicates?
Five months before I was having elevated bilirubin level 2.8mgs/dL (conj 2.0;unconj 0.8) and treated for Jaundice ,But I was not diagnosed with any specific Hepatatis virus (HBsAg,Anti HAV IgM,CORE M,HBeAg,Anti HCV,Anti HEV IgM all are Negative).After the treatment (Under medication for 1month) Bilirubin level become normal 1.1mgs (conj 0.3,unconj 0.8).Two weeks before again I found my bilirubin level raised to 2.2 mgs/dL (conj 0.3,unconj 1.9),Doctor told me to do a Lever biospy test which I did last week,but with the Biopsy test results doctor was not able to diagnose the reason for my lever disfunction.He gave me medication for another one month.

Following is the Report of my Lever biospy test.Could anyone  help me in understanding the actual issue with my liver?.

MICROSCOPIC FINDINGS:

Liver biospy section shows cords of hepatocytes with mild ballooned hepatocytes with cord pattern.Portal tracts are occassionally seen with bile ductules.Portal triaditis is also seen.Focal necrosis of hepatocytes also seen.There are no bile thrombi.

IMPRESSION:
Liver biopsy show hepatitis.

Good Morning,

I would pose this question (along with your Liver Biopsy report) on the "Liver Transplant" section - not that you need one, but the MD that moderates that board could give a far greater level of interpretation to what you are seeking.

In my neophyte understanding, something is causing inflammation (real helpful I know) and "hepatitis" simply means liver inflammation.  The next step is to get at the root cause of that inflammation and focus on getting you well.  There are near a dozen common causes for liver inflammation - all of which you can find online - or ask us folks here...

Cheers

Jack
Thanks for your response.

I have a query here,you said "Hepatitis" simply means liver inflammation.So if there is any specific finding of liver disease like "Cirrhosis" during Biopsy test will they report it in the Biopsy result?.

Is it possible to find the exact liver disease thro' Liver biopsy test?.

please respond to this.
Well, I am not Jack nor do I read as much on the subject as he does but I do believe that a biopsy can tell you what form of hepatitis you have if the doctor you have is knowledgeable enough. I know the biopsy my brother had told the doctors it was NASH & my own biopsy told my doctor what was wrong with me.
Hope this was helpful to you & get to see a specialist on the subject & best wishes.
Jody
Thanks for your response.

The Doctor is good at it he has 20 years of experience and is a specialist(he is M.D., D.M., (Gastro), GASTROENTEROLOGIST,HEPATOLOGIST&THERAPEUTIC ENDOSCOPIST).

Coming to the topic,with the liver biopsy result,he (doctor) told me that the liver cells are getting break down,but he dont know the reason for that.He prescribed me the following medication for one month.

urcosol SR 600mg (Ursodeoxycholic Acid sustained release tablet),silboston 120mg (Silybin Phospholipid Capsules),A to Z (vitamin tablet).

Are they usually prescribed for any specific liver disease?
Sorry, I wish I could help you with that one, but I really don't know as I have never heard of what you are taking before. And I think I was probably worng in what I told you above. Not so sure that a biopsy will be able to tell exactly what is wrong with your liver. I assure you that your doctor can better answer that question for you.
Best wishes to you & stay on top of this.
Jody