Liver Disorders Community
White Bile

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

White Bile

I´ve had about 10 colonic hydrotherapies in the past two years.  After every session, I have produced white bile.  The other day, I causally mentioned that my bile was white and I was told that it should be dark in color (green or brown).  I was told that I could possibly have a clogged bile duct.  I have researched on line, but it states that my feces should be light in color if this were true.  This is not the case or am I just being paranoid?
With colonic hydrotherapy you see bile? I never heard that and I seriously doubt that it's bile you see. When the bile ducts are blocked the bile doesn't get into your gallbladder and from there doesn't get released into your intestines. Bile is what colors the normal stool. When there is a blockage of bile the stool can be pale or nearly white in color and the serum bilirubin becomes elevated. Bile is not white so whatever you are seeing I doubt very much that it's bile. Bile is yellow or green in color.
Mike
Mike,

Thanks for the reply.  I guess I am just being paranoid.  It just seems kind of strange that about an hour after each session, I have the need for a bowl movement and the only thing that comes out is about a table spoon of something that looks like white/clear slime. (sorry if that description sounds a little revolting)  

Vic
Don't worry Vic - I am not sensitive about this stuff.
I'm not a doctor so don't take anything I say too seriously.
I might question the advisability of regular colonics. I know there are a lot of sites recommending them but I haven't seen any convincing reputable medical studies which support their use. From what you report it doesn't sound very good.
I have no idea what condition you're addressing with this approach so it's possible that they are beneficial in your case. If so, this would be the first case I've seen where this approach is beneficial. I guess if it make you feel better there might not be any reason you shouldn't use colonics.
I wish you good luck,
Mike