Liver Disorders Community
White stool??

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

White stool??

I am a 22 year old female.  For probably the last 3-6 or so months I have discovered some slight pain in my liver/gallbladder area. This pain also travels to the side and around to my back. Sometimes it is more intense, like a dull constant pain and sometimes there is no pain.  When I press in the area there is also more pain than usual.

About 3 months ago, I saw that my bowl movements were a clay/white color.  It lasted for 2 days and then went back to normal.  A few weeks ago this happened again for 2 days.  What could the cause of this be?  Is it my liver or gallbladder?  I have read that it is usually a liver issue.

Please let me know.  

Thank you
Avatar dr f tn
What other symptoms are present? Pale or clay-colored stool may be due to problems in the biliary system or the  drainage system of the gallbladder, liver, and pancreas. Possible causes include alcoholic hepatitis, Biliary cirrhosis, tumors of the liver or biliary system, cysts of the bile ducts, gallstones, certain medications or narrowing of the bile ducts. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Additional tests such as blood tests and imaging studies may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
Dee1956, and spider6 commented on spider6's status
Dee1956 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
Jun 24
Track your weight over time