acai berry
hello everyone,  i'm back, hope i don't get to be a pest but this forum is great!  i have been taking acai berry with an added cleanser for about a year.    through the advice i got here i asked my dr, about black cohosh and wala she said to stop taking it immediately.  she is not a fan of herbals.  through more research i found melatonin to be a plus, but can't find any info on the acai berry.  i'm concerned because it got so much attention from oprah and racheal ray (after i started taking it) that maybe some of the negatives have been down played.  all i seem to be able to find is companies wanting to sell it.  anybody got any info?   cece
Google can be friend, foe, and everything inbetween.  I think some herbal remedies are good - I also think some meds are good (and downright life-saving)...and of course, the wrong susbstances, wrong quantities of even something as seemingly benign as water can be deadly....  

Reading about stuff online can tip you off to the good or bad of a particular treatment - i tend to look for "consensus" among several parties - and especially of they have something like Biochemical engineer and Phd in their calling card...