Liver Disorders Community
alcohol liver disease

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

alcohol liver disease

I am a 40 yr old female, I recently had my yearly blood work done, and the results on it was all in range except my Ast level was a 9, and my alt level was a 4, which on my labs are below (out of range), I tried looking on the internet, but all I read are meanings for high level (out of range) results, My doctor says as long as the others are in range, there is no concern for those levels, I was a heavy drinker in my 20's I now drink about 6-7 beers on Fridays and Saturday, could these results be alcohol related.
No, they are not a concern.
The most specific marker for alcohol is the gamma gt ,which in your case is apparently normal.
Forget about it.
I second what HCA said, don't think you have a thing to worry about.
How do I know if Gamma Gt is normal, Im looking on my blood work and I dont see anything, saying gamma GT, or GGT on it, Not really sure what Gamma Gt is
My doc has never run a GGT, many don't.  It is another liver enzyme.  From what I have read ALT and AST are much beter indicators of liver health.  With those two being so low I really wouldn't worry especially if all the other liver enzymes were normal.

I have a website that I found that explains the results of a CBC and LFTs but it is at home in my files.  I will pull it out over the weeked and post it on Monday for you.  It does a great job of explaining the tests.

Take care.
yes please post that link on the tests
Oh gosh I am sorry, I left my file on my kitchen table but I will post it Wednesday.