Liver Disorders Community
alkaline phosphate and aleve

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

alkaline phosphate and aleve

I was diagnosed with Diabetes Type 2 a month ago.  My alkaline phosphate levels are rising and are above normal range numbers.  My doctor mentioned it might be the diabetes meds or it might be arthritis.  I have been taking ONE Aleve tablet each day for years for a shoulder replacement.  Can you tell me why the numbers are rising?  Is it possible that the Aleve is the problem?
I can't find any conclusive evidence that Aleve, or Naproxen Sodium elevates alk phos levels. There is a significant elevation of total alk phos levels in diabetic patients, due to the meds. I would recommend you have your GGT level tested. If this is elevated then the elevated alk phos level could be coming from the biliary tract, and you should be evaluated for gallstones, etc. There is another possibility and it is called, benign transient hyperphosphatasemia. These is when the alk phos becomes elevated for an uncertain reason and remains elevated for 8-12 weeks then returns to normal.

Hope this is helpful
10356 commented on 10356's status
10356, and Dee1956 commented on clean_in_ks's status
Dee1956 "Be kind, for everyone you ... Comment
Track your weight over time